Garmin is one of the trending technologies that most of the businesses and companies are adopting. The precise and future-oriented technology used in the Garmin products is changing the outlook of many businesses. The various products offered by the Garmin technology like the Garmin Connect helps in improving the convenience of the users.
This goes without saying that the various Garmin products have completely taken over to the existing products and are thus establishing a new level of comfort and convenience for the users. Besides, the plenty of benefits that the Garmin technology offers, there are some common problems that a Garmin user face. Here we are discussing the 3 common issues that hinder the efficient working of the Garmin technology.
Common issues faced by the Garmin users:
1. Connecting Garmin to the phone:
This is one of the basic problems faced by the Garmin users when they are using the amazing Garmin technology on their phone. Garmin connect is the feature that is so designed that it works seamlessly with your Garmin devices for delivering the needed benefits. Be it uploading any of your activities or simply keeping a track of the training plan, you won't find any issue with the use of Garmin Connect with your phone.
You can easily connect Garmin with your phone and synchronize them together and make the most of it in the best possible ways. However, if you are facing any of the problems for connecting your Garmin to your phone, then these are the simple steps that you can follow to get rid of the problem:
• Install and open the Garmin Connect Mobile App in your device
• While you are installing the app for the first time, you should follow the step by step instructions to connect your phone with Garmin
• However, if you haven't paired or connected your device with Garmin during the initial setup, you can do the same by using the action key on the vivoactive device
• Go to the settings options and then select the option of Bluetooth
• Once you reach to the Bluetooth page in the Garmin, select the option of Garmin devices
• You will see the option of ‘+'. Simply press the ‘+' option and connect your device with Garmin by following the on-screen instructions
You can repeat the same process for adding multiple devices under the option of Garmin devices
2. Reset Garmin watch:
The other issue that bothers the Garmin users is to reset the Garmin watches. The use and resetting of the Garmin watches are easy, but somehow they become troublesome problems. If you are facing some problems to reset the Garmin watch, you can continue with the soft reset option. For doing so, you can follow these steps:
• Press and hold the power button for about 15 seconds. This will switch off the Garmin watch
• Once the watch gets switched off, again press the power button of the Garmin watch for 1-2 seconds and this will switch on the Garmin watch
These steps will bring the necessary solutions if you are facing minute problems in the working of the Garmin watch. The soft reset option forces the GPS of the Garmin watch to restart along with preventing any loss of data.
However, the detailed resetting or the hard resetting of the Garmin watches require the users to follow some of the steps. These steps help in bringing the GPS of the Garmin watch back in the original condition. You should use this option only as the last option available as it results in the loss of data.
Interested in knowing the required steps? Here are the necessary steps:
• Press and hold the ‘light' button for about 15 seconds; this will switch off the Garmin watch
• As soon as the Garmin watch switches off, press and hold the ‘start/stop' button along with the ‘lap/reset' button
• While continuing to hold the ‘start/stop' button and the ‘lap/reset' button, now also hold down the ‘light' button
• Holding down to the light button will turn the Garmin watch back on
• Now release the ‘start/stop' button as soon as you hear the first beep while continue holding the second button
• With the second beep, release the ‘lap/reset' button as well
• This will reset the Garmin watch and will also turn it on with all its functions working effectively
These steps of hard reset will reset the Garmin watch with all its functions working in the expected conditions. If you still can't reset your Garmin watch, follow the same steps once again.
3. Getting a view of data fields on Garmin vivoactive:
face is related with getting a view of data fields on the Garmin vivoactive. Though this is not the error which you will face on regular basis but with the recent times, this problem has become quite common with the Garmin users.
If you too are facing this problem or error for viewing the data fields on the Garmin vivoactive then here are some of the steps that you can use to get away with the problem.
• Select the action key in your Garmin vivoactive
• Select the activity or the data field on your Garmin vivoactive
• In the next step, select the option of ‘data screens'
• From the available options, choose the desired screen that you like
• You can also select the option of the toggle switch to enable the data screen
This will help you to get a view of the data fields on Garmin vivoactive. However, if you wish to change a data field, you can do that as well by using these steps:
• Select the data field that you wish to change
• Replace it with the required data field from the other options available
• Press the okay button when you have replaced the desired data field on the screen
These were some of the common problems that might bother the Garmin users along with the possible solutions that can be tried. However, if you still face troubles with these problems, you can get in touch with the customer support team of Garmin. The experienced professionals will provide you with the best possible solutions.